3. The theory of typographic relativity is how well they type uses size, weight, style, and color.
7. Gill Sans
9. A crystal goblet is meant to be clear and to see through to what’s on the inside. The same is true for text type. It should be easily visible and easy to read. It shouldn’t be trying to cover anything up
10. Display type gets used on large signs and typically most advertisements
14. New Caledonia
17. A geometric typeface uses geometric shapes in its composition. Squares, triangles, circles.
18. Keep it simple with typically one or two different types of typefaces.
19. Capital letters
20. Lower case letters
21. You may need to adjust tracking when scaling letters causing certain letters to touch or be too far apart. You then use tracking to fix the spaces between the letters.
22. “ ”
23. ^ these but without the curve.
1. Do nots: stretch and squash words/letters, no dumb quotes unless it’s for feet and inches, do not artificially bold or italicize
2. dos: do use smart quotes, using kerning, tracking, leading to make words fit how you want
25. Book covers. The title is the largest and most attention getting text. then the subtext describing the book will be smaller font and less “important”