Line Leading Value Change
3. The theory of typographic relativity is how well they type uses size, weight, style, and color. The role of proper proportions.
7. Gill Sans
9. A crystal goblet is meant to be clear to see the contents of it. The point was made that clarity in typesetting allows the content to be easily appreciated.
10. Display type gets used on large signs and typically most advertisements. Small quantities at large sizes. 14 point or bigger.
11. Movable type. (Gutenberg Bible)
14. New Caledonia
18. Keep it simple with typically one or two different types of typefaces. Stick with one family and use the variations in the family.
19. Capital letters
20. Lower case letters
21. You may need to adjust tracking when scaling letters causing certain letters to touch or be too far apart. You then use tracking to fix the spaces between the letters.
22. “ ”
23. ^ these but without the curve.
1. Do nots: stretch and squash words/letters, no dumb quotes unless it’s for feet and inches, do not artificially bold or italicize
2. dos: do use smart quotes, using kerning, tracking, leading to make words fit how you want
25. Book covers. The title is the largest and most attention getting text. then the subtext describing the book will be smaller font and less “important”
Identifont, WhaTheFont, typophile, myfonts.com